PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Internal Data Shortcut

Hello Mike. Hope you've been doing well. Here is my problem. When I click one time at the bottom of my task bar the "file explorer" folder. I then single click on my "pictures", my "documents" or my "videos" file. From there if i want to open any file within those folders I have to do a quick double click. Is there a way I can access everything within my folders with one single click? My computer is a windows 8.1

Thank you and Yep, there is.

Right-click over the Start button in the lower right corner, select Control Panel, then in Control Panel open Folder Options. In there it's right on the first General tab under "Click items as follows". Click the little 'radio button' for "Single-click to open an item (point to select)

That should get you what you're looking to do.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP