PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/REBOOTING DELL PER YOUR DIRECTION

Question
Keith Hi,  per your direction I inserted the operating system disk and was told inorder to install Windows put in the Key number. Im confused,  nothing comes up per your original instructions. Where do I go from here,  I dont want to loose  any information.  Thank you, Ken

Answer
I can't remember what os you have but you have to follow the prompts to repair instead of install the os. The terms may be different according to the os but you are wanting to boot to the disk to use the tools on it to check the hard drive. Some of the later OS starting around vista have many repair tools.
Also use the command prompt to use chkdsk.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Keith