PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/CPU Temperature

Question
Hello, I have a question about the temperatures of my CPU. I have a 6-Core AMD Processor with a Hyper Cooler Master 212 Evo cooling system. I just recently built my PC a couple days ago and installed MSI Afterburner to keep an eye on my system. After monitoring it for a couple days I saw my temperature stayed at 73.6 Degrees F, and was pleased with that. I had just finished playing Far Cry 4 with Max Settings and checked my temperature. It was 94.6 Degrees F, I was startled by the jump and decided to give it a rest. I checked online to see if I was just being cautious or not but couldn't find any definite answers. I would like to know, what is the max temperature that CPU can withhold before damage? And, how long can I keep my PC on consecutively without having to worry about overheating? Thank you for your help!

Answer
CPU's run hot as a general rule and 94-95F is probably as high as I'd comfortably ignore. Beyond that then they might start having issues.

Here's a good breakdown of operating temperatures.
http://www.buildcomputers.net/cpu-temperature.html

Far Cry 4 is a rather graphics intensive game so that temperature spike is more an indication that you might need a better video card. If your video card isn't up to the demand then the onboard CPU video processing will try and help pick up the slack.

You didn't mention what graphics card you have but that might be worth looking into for a component upgrade.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby