PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/8 gb ram

I have a desktop with i3,DH61ww motherboard and 4 gb of DDR3 ram.I just bought 2 chips of 4 gb ddr3 ram to upgrade.But after installing the new chips the system won't boot.The guy who does my support work is not sure of the issue.What would be the correct sequence to install the chips?The box of the motherboard says that it allows upto 8 gb of ram.Could yo help?Thanks.

Actually according to Intel's website, that board can handle up to 16 GB of RAM.

The only thing I can suggest is to go to Intel's website for downloads, listed below, and make sure your motherboard has the most current BIOS on it.

Otherwise I would say the memory you bought might be faulty because it should work as long as it's the right memory per that first link I posted.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP