PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/hard drive cage

I have a  Dell. PC and I love the tower.
Now I am going to keep the tower even when I upgrade the motherboard.

But the hard drive cage only holds 2 hard drives.

Can the cage be removed and let me put a new cage that will hold more?

I have an Inspection 660.

Not unless you have metal working skills. Manufacturer cases aren't made to be worked on.
It's even entirely possible that you wouldn't be able to get a new motherboard to fit.

Honestly, I'd really suggest checking out custom cases. There's hundreds, maybe thousands, of different kinds and designs of cases from many different case manufacturers. You may very likely find one you like even more than the Dell case.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby

Areas of expertise: PC Hardware, Peripherals, Barcode Scanners, Printers, and Applications, Networking, Microsoft Applications. I am good at researching issues and have a lot of contacts in the IT industry. So, if I can't directly answer a question I can likely find the answer. Areas I won't be much help in: Apple Computers, Linux, older Networking technologies like Token Ring, or Thick/Thinnet.

I'm currently a Network Administrator for a contract circuit board manufacturer in Oregon, USA. I've been working on PCs from a hobby standpoint for better than 25 years. I've been doing it professionally for 4+ years.

A+ Certification, Network + Certification, MCP, MCDST, MCITP