PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Fastest Desktop processor (CPU) in future.

Question
Dear Flinix

The Current fastest Desktop CPU is running at 4.4GHZ clock speed.

Is it possible to design fastest Desktop CPU in future which will run thrice or twice the Current fastest clock speed of 4.4 GHZ?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
For practical use, no. But maybe in another 10 to 20 years, we can see that more easily possible. As the manufacturing process calls for smaller and smaller pathways and gates in the processor itself, the heat output becomes less and energy usage becomes more efficient. Theoretically, such speeds can be possible in the future, although, frequency is not everything when it comes to processor speed.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix