PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Fastest Desktop processor (CPU) in future.

Dear Flinix

The Current fastest Desktop CPU is running at 4.4GHZ clock speed.

Is it possible to design fastest Desktop CPU in future which will run thrice or twice the Current fastest clock speed of 4.4 GHZ?.

For practical use, no. But maybe in another 10 to 20 years, we can see that more easily possible. As the manufacturing process calls for smaller and smaller pathways and gates in the processor itself, the heat output becomes less and energy usage becomes more efficient. Theoretically, such speeds can be possible in the future, although, frequency is not everything when it comes to processor speed.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I can answer most No POST problems, compatibility between parts, upgrade options, troubleshooting, etc. Before you ask me a question, please do some research. I do not give PC speed reviews for video games.

Many, many years of experience working with the hardware components of many types of computers including desktops, laptops, kiosk computers, and even running Windows 3.1, 95, and 98 on the PSP (Sony PlayStation Portable). I've replaced capacitors on desktop motherboards making them working like new again with a high success rate. This is my hobby/job every day.

Associates of Science in Computer Information Technology