PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Laptop Screen

I use my dad's old Compaq Presario CQ50 laptop. I've been using it for many years. Yesterday suddenly when I tried to start my laptop it wouldn't start. Nothing comes on the screen. Absolutely nothing. Not a word. There's just no display on the screen. When I push the power button light turns on and turns off after a minute. Just as I said it happened suddenly. I had used it smoothly the day before yesterday. Thank You.

What this tells me is there is some kind of major hardware failure. Like a processor or hard drive. With a laptop you are limited as to what you can do if you want to repair or salvage the machine. You can take the hard drive out and see if it will boot. If it boots the drive is bad. You can also do this with the memory to see if it is bad. If the machine is real old (how old is it?) you may not be able to find parts except used on eBay.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Experienced in complete system builds where knowledge of kinds and types of motherboards, processors, and RAM have to be compatible. This includes intermediate knowledge of video card technologies and the troubleshooting and repair of problems associated with said hardware.

11 years experience as a self-employed PC technician with 100% customer satisfaction.

4 classes from a Networking degree. Mostly self-taught.