PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Motherboard available slots, connectors and adapters splitters?

Question
Motherboard dissected
Motherboard dissected  
Antec_P70
Antec_P70  
QUESTION: My system is composed of:
- Antec P70 Mid Tower
http://store.antec.com/performance/p70.html

- Asus A88XM-E Micro ATX
Link for Specs : http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/A88XME/specifications/
Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 *3
1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCI

- AMD A6 6400K (not overclocked yet)Cooled by a CM Hyper 212 Evo CPU COOLer
- Windows 7 Home 64bit
- 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Blu 1600Mhtz 240pin
1 SSD Intel 320 series 160GB
1 Mechanical HDD WD Black 2 GB
1 Optical Drive
- There are another 4 fans onboard. all 120 mm. One front air intake plus 2 exhaust top fans and 1 air exhaust rear one.

I need to install:
1. nVidia GTS 240 Graphic card
System Compatibility
The Nvidia GeForce GTS 240 is compatible with all motherboards that include a PCIe 2.0 x 16 interface and supports Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.

2. Hauppauge WinTV Tuner Card Model 1250
[Model 79561 Rev. D2D9]
Plugs into:
PCI Express X1 or X16 slot

3. A fan specifically to direct a funnel air flow a Silverstone AP 123 which moves 31.4 CFM as far as 1.2 metres to help further cool a AMD A6 6400K yet not overclocked processor which right now oscillates temps between 63C at start. 49C in idle and up to 80C with modest load. For me it is totally unsatisfactory temperatures even with the CM Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler already installed. And there are another 4 fans onboard. all 120 mm. One front air intake plus 2 exhaust top fans and 1 air exhaust rear one.

My questions to you are:
A. do i have enough connectors, adapters splitters on the motherboard to connect items 1, 2 and 3? If not all 3 which could I install with what is available on the motherboard? If I am missing the slots to connect what options do I have?

B. I am planning to install the 5th fan
(the Silverstone AP(Air Penetrator) 123 as intake in the front. With my fan population and directed air flows, how do you think it will work? smart and wise? or do you have better suggestions.

I would now appreciate your comments suggestions and tutoring me.

Thank you kindly

ANSWER: The two expansion cards should not be a problem as long as the GT 240 does not block the PCIe x1 slot below the x16 slot.

On the cooling and airflow:

1) Modern AMD CPUs, including yours, do not report actual temperatures. The reading you are getting is based on a proprietary equation/algorithm that AMD uses to monitor and manage thermals. It is not well documented, unfortunately.

2) Your airflow, in general, is potentially problematic; you should not need nearly that many fans for such a small system. A single quality front intake (the AP123 is suitable) as well as a rear exhaust with a slight bias towards positive pressure should be more than satisfactory. Having the extra fans is likely contributing noise and turbulence, and may be hurting thermal efficiency as well, by creating such significant negative pressure within the case. If the system is overheating even with proper airflow, I would check the mounting and TIM on the CPU<->heatsink junction and potentially replace the CPU heatsink if reseating and remounting does not fix the problem. Unfortunately, due to the nature of modern AMD CPUs, it is somewhat harder to determine if the system is running dangerously hot. If the CPU is exhibiting significant thermal throttling that can be a good indicator, however.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

-bob

QUESTION: Thank you Bob for your fast response.

on issue 1:
The temps I am quoting do not come from AMD Bios, I am reading them with Speccy CPU reports and CPUID HWMonitor. Today's Minimum was 54C and Maximum 74C

RE your ANSWER: The two expansion cards should not be a problem as long as the GT 240 does not block the PCIe x1 slot below the x16 slot.
Expansion Slots on the Motherboard are:
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 *3
1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCI

Which one of those are required by the nVidia GTS 240 (it is single slot width) PCI-E 2.o x16?? and which is the slot I need to plug the Tuner Card into?

Thanks again.

Answer
HWMonitor and Speccy are drawing from the same AMD sensors - again they are not numbers that correlate to actual thermal values.

On the expansion cards - the GTS 240 is an x16 card and will use the x16 slot, and the Hauppage is an x1 card and will use the x1 slot. With the cards in hand it will be more apparent which plugs into which slot (they are sized and keyed).

-bob

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Bobbert