PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Restart PC problem

Good Day,
I have a desktop PC running Windows 10 that will not restart itself if I add a program or update, I get the restarting message on my screen but the pc does nor shut down so I have to restart manually by pressing the restart button on the front of the computer. I had this problem before I upgraded to Windows 10.
Any advice would be very welcome.

Without more information it would be hard to say what the problem is - this could be a misconfiguration within Windows, a driver problem, or indicative of larger hardware problems with the machine. That said, many modern applications do not require a reboot after installation, so you should not have to restart constantly. If the application is requiring a restart but the machine is failing to properly execute, that is certainly suspect though. Do you have more information about the machine's hardware? Has this always been a problem or is it a recent development? What kind of machine is it (laptop, desktop, etc)?

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience