PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/What do you do?

Hi Saleem

Do you use free anti-virus and malware software that is on the internet today or do you pay for it? If you use the free products or pay for them on the net who do you go with and why?

I currently have windows 8.1

I use to have windows 8. Now that I have windows 8.1 after the installation windows was asking me then to download and install windows 10. That's strange. What ever happened to windows 8.2 through 9.9?

At the moment I'm using Microsoft windows defender. It says it will protect me from the latest viruses and malware, but it's annoying how the software keeps expects me to keep manually updating it every few hours or at least every day.

How often do you download and install windows updates?

Dear Sterling

I use Norton Antivirus on my home PC which I purchased. I pay as I trust that nothing comes for free.

I believe, after Windows 8.1, Microsoft has skipped to Windows 10. Microsoft is no longer offering Windows OS as a software but as a service. Please bing it for more details on it.

I could recommend you purchase an anti-virus software.

About Windows update, I strongly recommend you keep your OS updated with latest updates. As they protect your system from any known issues.

Hope this helps.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Support Engineer with years of on-site and on-call expertise in computer Hardware and OS related issues.

Familiar with Windows OS and fair experience in troubleshooting hardware and OS related issues.

Diploma in Computer Hardware and Networking / A+ Online Certification from Comptia / ITIL v3 / MCITP Windows 2008 Server - Sever Administration

Appreciation from Allexperts users :)