PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/What do you do?

Question
Hi Ricardo

Do you use free anti-virus and malware software that is on the internet today or do you pay for it? If you use the free products or pay for them on the net who do you go with?

I currently have windows 8.1

I use to have windows 8. Now that I have windows 8.1 after the installation windows was asking me then to download and install windows 10. That's strange. What ever happened to windows 8.2 through 9.9?

At the moment I'm using Microsoft windows defender. It says it will protect me from the latest viruses and malware, but it's annoying how the software keeps expects me to keep manually updating it every few hours or at least every day.

How often do you download and install windows updates?

Answer
Hello Sterling,

Do you use free anti-virus and malware software that is on the internet today or do you pay for it?
Same as you do, I use Microsoft Security Essentials with my PCs. My employer does it too. Not the best thing in the world; but it is free and, so far, doesn't hog the machine resources as had seen other do. I understand it is a highly debatable choice, but it's free and seems to be well behaved with Windows.

That's strange. What ever happened to windows 8.2 through 9.9?
That you will have o ask someone at Microsoft.

You can set Windows Defender to do the updates automatically. As some of our servers are in an isolated network, the download, testing and installing must be manual; so we do it weekly.

Ricardo

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo