PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/This new system....

Question
I have an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1 on it.  I heard there's a way to get the "old" windows desktop layout for 8.1 because it's more user friendly.  Can you help me with this?  Also, where can I find things like Accessories and all the other good things from all the other versions of Windows?

Answer
My personal opinion and recommendation would be to install the freely offered Windows 10 upgrade because it sort of melds Windows 7 and 8.1 together and gives you a Start Menu back that has most of what you're used to from Windows 7.

But, you can also install a program called Classic Shell on your Windows 8.1 system.
http://www.classicshell.net/

Another option is if you right-click on the Windows icon in the lower left, where the Start button used to be, you get a quick-launch context menu that has a lot of the different settings and such on it.

Or, you can also click the Windows icon button and just start typing the name of what you're looking for, Calulator, etc. and it will find it automatically.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Mike Rigsby