PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Windows 8.1

I have an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1 on it.  I heard there's a way to get the "old" windows desktop layout for 8.1 because it's more user friendly.  Can you help me with this?  Also, where can I find things like Accessories and all the other good things from all the other versions of Windows?

By "old" do you mean a return to the Start Menu as opposed to the Start Screen? This is not available for Windows 8.1 itself, however if you have Windows 8.1 Pro you may have downgrade rights to Windows 7 (which uses the Start Menu), and all copies of Windows 8.1 include free upgrade rights to Windows 10 (which has a Start Menu similar to older versions of Windows, but also integrates Live Tiles from Windows 8). In terms of user friendliness, this is a largely subjective discussion - some users will prefer one over the other, and I would generally advise you to go with whatever suits your tastes and needs, rather than get dragged into a larger debate about various versions of Windows (and remember, anytime Microsoft changes anything, there is always an extremely vocal, and often extremely small, group that takes issue with whatever the change is)).

As far as "Accessories" what do you mean? You mean applications like Calculator, Notepad, and Paint? Or something else?

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience