PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Windows 8.1

Question
I have an Acer laptop with Windows 8.1 on it.  I heard there's a way to get the "old" windows desktop layout for 8.1 because it's more user friendly.  Can you help me with this?  Also, where can I find things like Accessories and all the other good things from all the other versions of Windows?

Answer
Dear Amanda

Apologies for the delay in my response as I was out sick. You have option to bring back Windows tiles back as it was in Windows 8. You will have to follow http://www.howtogeek.com/school/windows-8-guide/lesson3/

Do a 'Start' screen search by just typing 'Accessories' while displaying the 'Start' screen, same for 'Sound Recorder' icon.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Saleem