PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Wireless External Hard disk drive.

Dear Ricardo

The external hard disk drive can also be a Wireless device?.

Hello Prashant,

I had seen a few implementations where the external drive has a built-in radio, but had not been very successful. I understand the stability of the connection is not very stable.
What is usually the way to do it is attaching the drive to a router or AP via USB, and have it providing the file services for the wireless devices. My personal experience is leaving it to the router/AP is not dependable, and rather have a NAS wired to the network providing the file services to wired and wireless clients with an AP for the wireless devices access to the network. It's a bit more convoluted, but works for me.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo

any question on networking area,specially if it`s about Windows based networks. Also, as we do some software and hardware testing here,we can provide some help on the PC problems and repair. In PC communications and Internet access and use. Electronic Engineer,Experience 18 years in telecommunications, control, computers and networks