PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/128 bit microprocessor design.

Dear Bob

Can 128 bit Microprocessor be designed in theory and practically?.

It depends on what you mean by "128-bit processor" - there are (and have been for many years) processors that can operate on 128-bit floating point (IBM S/370) or vector data (e.g. SSE), but there is not a 128-bit integer processor available. Wikipedia provides more, as well as examples:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/128-bit (including the DEC VAX which can work with 128-bit integer values). There are also (not mentioned on that Wikipedia page) VLIW and SIMD designs that can do "bundled" operations on 16- or 32-bit data totaling up to 128-bit, examples include Sony's Emotion Engine or Transmeta's processors. These designs aren't inherently dissimilar from the VAX or other examples described on the Wikipedia page, in that they're not a full 128-bit pipeline, but instead a collection of 32-bit registers that can operate in parallel to complete more complex tasks (and are often limited to higher precision for floating point or vector math, not integer operations). Some GPUs work this way internally as well (e.g. GeForce FX).

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience