PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Suitable RAM for HP PRO 6005

I have a HP Compaq 6005 Pro Small Form Factor PC and am looking to upgrade the RAM on it from 8 GB to 12 GB of RAM, it currently has 4 slots of 2 GB RAM in each Module, but as I said looking to upgrade, on the Specifications it says the following:

HP 4GB PC3-10600 (DDR3 1333 MHz) DIMM

I am unsure if the following RAM will be Suitable:

240 Pin 1.5v DDR3 PC3-10664 Non-ECC Dimm

If you would like the link to the following unit here it is:

So these are the questions:
Will this work on my HP PRO 6005 Compaq ( SSF ) desktop?
Does it matter what MHz it is?

Many thanks,

Hi Grant,

Don't know how Amazon works in the UK, but here (US) I wouldn't care that much. I would buy it and try. If it doesn't work, you can return them. Just show Amazon their advertising says it would work with your computer. The form factor is not meaningful. I just did the same a few weeks ago with my workstation at home. It's now happily humming with 8 GB more.
If you want/need a more technical answer, you may post the question in HP's forums.

Does it matter what MHz it is?
No, as long as the memory can work with a higher frequency than the motherboard it should work, and that's the case here.

Hope it helps

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo

any question on networking area,specially if it`s about Windows based networks. Also, as we do some software and hardware testing here,we can provide some help on the PC problems and repair. In PC communications and Internet access and use. Electronic Engineer,Experience 18 years in telecommunications, control, computers and networks