PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Typewriter reengineering.

Question
Dear Ricardo

Is it technically feasible to reenginnering the Typewriter device for supporting all colours printing on the paper?.

Example

Hello word to be printed in Red color.

The Typewriter device will select the red color before striking the H,e,l,l,o characters.

Do you feel the keys combinations striking with the colored pens can help?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hello Prashant,

I'm confused. Do you mean a mechanical typewriter?
Assuming so, I guess that's what IBM did with Selectric typewriters.
If you mean taking an existing mechanical typewriter and provide solenoids to punch keys or key combinations, also yes, but a bit cumbersome. It might be an fun project for an Arduino, on the expensive side because the number of drivers and solenoids required.

Ricardo

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Ricardo Agudelo