PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/Constant Restarting of PC

Question
Hi, I'm having a problem regarding my PC(Pentium Dual core processor 64 bit os, 2GB ram 500 GB memory).
It is restarting without any warning while browsing, watching films etc., I tried to format, but after formatting also it is still restarting. I dont know what the problem is? Please help me with this.
Thank You...

Answer
It sounds like the issue you are having as being caused by either bad memory or heat. Personally, I'm leaning towards heat. If it is a laptop I would suggest having the computer taken apart and thoroughly cleaned where the heatsink meets the fan. If it is a desktop it is much easier to access but I would check for the thickness of dust to determine if it needs to be cleaned. Be sure to look around the heatsink and fan as it is most important. If it is a desktop I would also take a moment to look at the capacitors on the motherboard. If there are any bulges it is likely that the capacitors are bad and the board will need to be replaced, unless you are skilled enough to replace the capacitors themselves. It is also worth checking your memory using a program called memtest86. The program will need to be burned to a bootable CD or a bootable USB dtive to use it. It can not be run while the OS is booted. If the memory shows up bad simply replace the RAM and your issue should be fixed.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

Flinix