PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM/fan processor heat up problem

QUESTION: hello dear

I m asking about my fan and processor heating after running up my computer with 20 min , it made noise sound from fan , I had opened my computer hardware and find the processor fan and vent have lot of dust , I clean them wholly , then try again the problem remain the same , after checking lot of information in the internet also some you tube videos , I found a solution about processor power management adjustment

I m asking you how can I adjust my computer power managment for improving my fan processor without heating up ? does this may the reason for heating

I adjusted it in balanced performance
minimum processor 5%
maximum processor 75 /5'
cooling policy plug = active
         battery = passive

is this values is good ?

I have sony vaio Eseries VPCEA42EA , WINDOWS 10

please adivse

ANSWER: Have you used an application to monitor the processor's temperature during this usage? If not, I'd suggest HW_Monitor, available for free here:

If the CPU is not in an overheating condition, then things are working properly, and it may simply be the case that the cooling solution for this computer isn't the quietest. If you're using the system at a desk (or table, or otherwise "fixed" position), you may consider adding a laptop cooling pad, which can improve thermal performance, for example this:

The power plan settings you've selected will certainly reduce power consumption, and should therefore reduce heat output.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

QUESTION: Thanks dear for this precious information , but let me know the application you recommend is compatible with which powe plan ( balanced ) or ( high performance ) or (power saver ) ?????

Last thing when I changed my power plan I observed that the internet be slower than before , I read online that this power plan affect the wireless network card , so is that true ? If yes how to overcome it ?

HW Monitor, like any other application, will work regardless of your power plan settings - in this case you shouldn't notice any performance degredation on HW Monitor itself, as all it does is read temperatures of the computer's internal components, however with a more demanding application (for example a videogame) you may experience performance slow-downs when the computer is running in a more conservative power saving mode, as its performance will be accordingly reduced. The slow-down for WiFi both due to the adapter itself deploying power saving as well as the computer reducing its performance to save power is not surprising at all - unfortunately this is a case of not being able to have your cake and eat it too. You can either have high performance, or high power savings, but generally not both. The most likely explanation for where you're experiencing slow-downs is more plausibly the CPU itself running at a reduced clock rate, than the wireless adapter "reducing" its performance - when the wireless adapter enters power savings mode you will more likely notice a reduction in operating range as opposed to link speed (although the two could be correlated, if you're right at the edge of the AP's signal, reducing the radio power to the wireless adapter could decrease link performance).

My suggestion to use HW Monitor is to get an idea of what temperatures the system is actually experiencing when working under load - I would suggest trying it with both the power saving mode you've enabled, as well as the "default" settings that were in use before you changed power settings. Specifically we're most interested in the CPU temperature, although the machine will likely report other temperatures (many hard drives, for example, can report their temperature independently from the rest of the system). With those values in mind, you can make an objective assessment of whether or nothings are running too hot, based on manufacturer's published limits for the CPU (or other components). In order to get that information you'll need to know, for example, what model of CPU you have. That said, conventionally speaking mobile CPUs are usually rated for operation at maximum temperatures around 80* C, so if the system isn't reporting temperatures that high even during scenarios when the fans are revving up, that means the cooling system is doing its job effectively, albeit somewhat noisily.

PC hardware--CPU & Motherboard & RAM

I have nearly two decades of experience in IT, computer repair, and related fields and will attempt to provide the most solid, brand-agnostic advice when it comes time to purchase a new computer, or upgrade an existing machine. I can answer anything from the seemingly basic to the downright complicated - and will do my best to provide this information in a clear and concise manner.

I have been an enthusiast of PC's for many years, and can answer questions about the purchase/use of a new computer or the purchase, installation, and use of upgrades for existing computers. There probably isn't a whole lot related to the home computer that I haven't seen over the years.

15+ years of experience