Pagan/Wiccan Religion/my childs vaccinations and my religious beliefs

Lisa wrote at 2009-02-18 11:29:57

First thing you must do is read the books of Dr R. Mendelsohn, 'Confessions of a medical heretic' in particular.

From a wiccan point of view its very difficult to formulate a reason as to why you're anti-vaccination since the pagan religion is so personal. In my opinion i would say something along the lines of it is against my religion, paganism, to meddle with the natural order of life which implicitly includes vaccinations.

Dont break under their pressure and do not get into a legal or otherwise battle with these people because all they will do is use up your energy. find yourself a strong position and hold to it. remember the most rebellious thing you can do is to quietly turn your back on them.

My son is 3 and has had no vaccinations.

Randy wrote at 2010-06-08 18:39:31
Rev McCollum,

Can you send me a letter as well. I am wanting this exemption for my daughter as well. If you can send to my email address that would be awesome. I have Open Office as my document program, but I do know how to convert it if it isn't the same. Thanks a million.

Laur318atyahoo wrote at 2010-08-23 16:36:31
This is a great answer. I wanted to add that I, too, am Pagan and need religious exemption for my son. I hoped the Rev McCollum would write a letter to me as well! I would be forever grateful! I need to forward it to my doctor and hopeful schools. My son's name is Jonathan Maroney.

Lauren Carroll

61 Mohawk Trail

Guilford CT 06437

Kate wrote at 2011-01-21 18:03:21
Hi Rev McCollum,

I appreciated your thoughtful response as well, as my oldest is school age and I'm not sure if I will continue to homeschool.

I am not yet dedicated to a group, and do not have a head of guidance.  I was hoping you would foward me the letter supporting the position of Wiccan parents choosing not to vaccinate their children, it would be of great use in my life.  Non-vaccination can be a difficult stand to take, and the strength of your document would certainly help me stand in my power.  

I would be so grateful.

Kate Dollar  

Diana wrote at 2012-05-19 00:48:43
mr. rev. McCollum,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me a letter supporting wiccans and them not vaccinating their children. It will be of great help to me in the future.

Diana Romero

530B Charlie Akin Ln.

Clarksville,Tn. 37040

Thank you in advance. I am in need of it asap please.

Jordan wrote at 2012-07-20 19:59:17
I too, am in the same boat. My son is going to school this year and the school says he need 8 vaccines to get in. He has had a number of vaccines up until he was 1 1/2 years. He hot very sick and had continual ear aches. I stopped all the vaccines and he has not been sick sense. Please, also right me a "note" that I may be able to use to help my case. They are very pushy.

Jordan Moore

Ashleigh L. wrote at 2012-09-23 23:42:16
Hello! I am also in this situation! And also in a time restraint! My daughter is in Kindergarten, and I need any and all help I can get! I have formerly vaccinated all 3 of my children, until one harmed my youngest. I believe in doing no harm, and so I refused any more!

Thank You in advance! Many Blessings <3  

houligan19 wrote at 2012-11-01 21:53:51
Is this still open?  I am also looking for some of the same information and a letter to get my religious exemption from vaccinations.  Especially because I am pregnant and don't want any harm to come to my baby.

wiccawicca wrote at 2013-05-24 01:29:25
Rev McCollum,

I hope this thread is still viewed as I would like to ask of you a letter as well. I sincerely believe that injecting such horrific substances into my son's sacred body would violate the sanctity of his life. Would you be willing to write yet another letter? We are on the verge of enrolling our 4 and and half year old in a lovely school but NY has such strict laws. Thank you in advance.

His name and our info is:

Rowan Rae-Bognar

248 honeypot rd

candor ny 13743

or and my name is Marisa Rae.

Thank you!

Youkneequed wrote at 2016-01-06 04:39:14
By state law, you have to be a member of a church whose tenant states that vaccines are against the religion. If that's not the case, you cannot claim religion because you don't want your child to get their vaccines. That goes against state laws indefinently.  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Patrick McCollum

I can answer questions about Wiccan/Pagan theology, the origins of Wiccan/Pagan practices, the origins of Wiccan/Pagan tools, questions about Wiccan/Pagan religious rights, Wiccan/Pagan chaplaincy, Wicca & Paganism in prisons and state and federal institutions, the development of Goddess spirituality, questions about magic, rituals, spells, divination,and Paganism as a world religion.

I've been an elder in the Pagan movement since 1965 and belong to one of the nations earliest covens. I was selected by the United States Commission on Civil Rights as an expert on Wicca & Paganism to advise Congress and the President of the United States. I also advise over 20 state and federal agencies on Paganism and Wicca, and serve as a coordinator for the Lady Liberty League, a Pagan advocasy organization. I teach workshops on Paganism and Wicca internationally, and am author of a major book on Wiccan theology

Cherry Hill Seminary (Director of Chaplaincy), The American Academy of Religion (Chaplaincy Liaison), The Golden Bear Institute (Druid)(Member, Board of Directors), Lady Liberty League (National coordinator), Circle Sanctuary (Minister), the Pallas Society, the Pagan Alliance (Past Keeper of the Light), various other Pagan organizations.

The United States Commission on Civil Rights Report to Congress (2008, Courting The Lady, A Wiccan Journey (2002)(Book), Circle Magazine (numerous articles), The Wiccan Chaplain's Manual for the California Department of Corrections (1999), The Daily News, The Los Angeles Times, The Green EGG, two encyclopedeas, Acha Ralda, The American academy of Religion, numerous additional Pagan publications

I have a Masters in Chaplaincy and am Director of Pagan Chaplaincy at Cherry Hill Seminary, Ordained Minister(Circle Sanctuary), Ordained Minister(Our Lady of the Wells Church), Gothi (National Prison Kindred), Ordained Elder (Covenant of the Goddess)

Commendation by the California State Senate for my Pagan Chaplaincy work 1999, Resolution by the Board of Directors (CHS) as the Nationally Recognized Leading Expert in Pagan Chaplaincy 2008, Pagan Activist of the Year Award (the Association of United Pagans) 2008, Voted "Keeper of the Light" (The Pagan Alliance) 2007,

The United States government, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, 20 state and federal correctional systems.