Pagan/Wiccan Religion/a pray or ritual for a broom cleansing

Question
I would like a cleansing ritual or pray using a broom

Answer
Greetings Edward,

If I understand, you'd like a blessing for a besom (broom)? Well blessing is one part but you also need to make sure you consecrate it as well.  Here's a very simple blessing for a new besom, or an old one if you haven't yet done so.

This is the ritual:

The ritual should be carried out on the night of the full moon. Make yourself comfortable on the floor with all the items in front of you.

* You will need a white candle, incense, a small dish of water, and some salt.
   * Light the candle and incense.
   * Breathe in deeply through your nose (as if you were meditating) and visualize grounding energy filling your body.
   * Breathe out through your mouth ridding yourself of all negativity.
   * Repeat this process until you are completely relaxed and grounded.
   * Pass the besom through the incense smoke and say: With scented air light and free, I give you breath. Blessed be.
   * Pass the besom (very quickly) through the candle flame (being careful not to set the besom on fire or burn yourself obviously) and say: With fire dancing wild and free, I give you passion. Blessed be.
   * Sprinkle the besom with a little water and say: With water pure I give to thee, the blood of life. Blessed be.
   * Sprinkle the besom with a little salt and say: Salt of earth I give to thee, roots in magick. Blessed be.

Now that you have blessed your besom you'll want to consecrate it.  

* You will need a white candle for the consecration flame, water and incense.
   * Cast your circle.
   * To consecrate the tool, the elementals may be used.
   * Pick up the besom, saying: "I have chosen this besom to assist me in my work."
   * Visualize the besom being cleared of any negativity.
   * Continue till the besom feels clear to you.
   * Now visualize positive energy flowing from you, down you arm and into the besom.
   * Visualize a strong white light flowing through your body to the tool. Feel it absorb the positive energies.
   * Point the besom towards the North, saying: "May the powers of the Earth cleanse and fill the besom I have chosen."Touch it to the pentacle, saying: " In the names of the Goddess and God (use any names you wish), I bless and make sacred this besom, tool of my craft. I charge this besom by the element of Earth."
   * Point the besom to the East, saying: "May the powers of the Air cleanse and fill the besom I have chosen." Pass the besom through the smoke of the incense, saying: "In the names of the Goddess and God (use any names you wish), I bless and make sacred this besom, tool of my craft. I charge this besom by the element Air."
   * Point the besom to the South, saying: "May the powers of Fire cleanse and fill the besom I have chosen." Pass the besom quickly (the besom itself is obviously flammable) over the candle flame saying: "In the names of the Goddess and God (using any names you wish), I bless and make sacred this besom, tool of my craft. I charge this besom by the element Fire."
   * Point the besom to the West, saying: "May the powers of water cleanse and fill the besom I have chosen." Sprinkle the besom with a few drops of water, saying: "In the names of the Goddess and God (using any names), I bless and make sacred this besom, tool of my craft. I charge this besom by the element Water."
   * Then say: "This tool is now ready, being consecrated and charged to assist me in my work. So mote it be."
   * Perform other workings if you wish, then close the circle

Your besom is now ready to be put to work.

I hope this is what you were asking for Edward.  I was a bit confused as to whether you wanted a
ritual for your besom or a ritual that includes the besom.  If that is what you want, please let me know.

Many Blessings,

Christine  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Christine Zimmerman