Pagan/Wiccan Religion/How can I control the gift of Sight and ultrasensitivity?

Question
I come from a family with a long history of gifts from the Sight to ESP and i have come to inheirt two of them. They are becoming more of curses as I go older and I was wondering if there is any way i could ease the pain they cause me, or is there any way I cal control them?

Answer
Well Scott, I'm in the same boat.  My "sight beyond sight" has come down to me through both of my parents and is extremely strong in my immediate family.  My mother, my sister, and I can communicate telepathically with complete clarity and understanding--no joke.  You bring up a good point--that this clairvoyance is both a gift and a curse.  Over the years I've come to understand that this is the natural state--that gift and curse make up a balance, and that balance reflects the full spectrum of nature.  If we are attuned, we will be attuned to all things, dark and light, bad and good.  Your pain is, I would say, caused by the conflict between the nature of your ability and your roots in what we might call "this world".  And there's nothing wrong with this--we all go through it at some time.  To bring the pain of your attunement under your control, you only need to accept the purity of sight as it comes to you.  You don't control the visions that are given to you, but you can learn to control how you react.  The sight itself does not deliver pain or discord--these are human concepts, created by the human brain.  Keep in mind that you and only you are in control of your reactions.  It will take time.  But in the end, you'll have a stronger mind as well as a cleaner path for the sight.  Be blessed!

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Emilie Conroy