Pagan/Wiccan Religion/The Morrigan

Hello Amy,
I found your name when I was searching the Internet for information on the Morrigan. I've had an interest in wicca for years now but have only recently become serious about it. Through my studies I've become very drawn to this Goddess but a dream a few weeks ago has given me pause. Here's the short of it-its night, my regional manager from work (who I don't really have any personal relationship with) gave me a ride to a gas station. when I got to the door I realized it was closed for the night. When I turned around he was gone and I then noticed a LARGE raven/crow hopping from place to place on the roof and ice box and whatever was there. I went to it and it became the Morrigan a woman in black armor and a black feathered cloak she held herself tall and proud. Then she place a twisted metal ring on my finger and I began to die. It was not painful or shocking and I think I was more interested in what she was trying to tell me, something about dying and birth but that's all I remember- Ok so that wasn't really short, on with my question. I really need more information before I try to form any type of relationship with this goddess. I know shes not a warm fuzzy type and I need to be informed before I take a step farther down this road. If you can give me web sites, books anything i would love it.If anything the dream has only focused my attention on her and it's frustrating not being able to find anything.

Blessed Be

The two best books I'll recommend are Celtic Lore & Spellcraft of the Dark Goddess: Invoking the Morrigan and Feast of the Morrigan. The second is a ritual intensive work with Her to understand Her in all aspects. I'd be happy to talk more about her along your journey!  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Amy Blackthorn Ph.D, DD. HPS, RM

I teach Wicca 101, 202 and more specific advanced subjects. I can answer questions on several Traditions. I have experience in subjects including, Astrology, Wicca, Folk Magic, and indigenous Religions, including Voudou, Greek and Celtic Reconstruction, Native Herbal uses, Hoodoo and Green Witch Craft. I am a Usui Reiki Master, as well as a trained in several other forms of healing.

I have 17+ years experience in the above topics, including the Initiatory traditions of Gardnerian Wicca and Green Witchcraft.

Maryland Delaware Wiccan Pagan Alliance, Alternative Religions Education Network, Lady Liberty League, Pagan Clergy Association

My first publication was in "The Seeker Journal" at the age of 16. This was an 18 page in depth look at the similarities between Wiccan holy days and Christian ones.

Numerous degrees including one in Horticulture and initiation into different Religious orders, including Susun Weed's and other Pagan Authors, Scholars and Elders.