Pagan/Wiccan Religion/childhood and religious unknowns

my memories not would it should be, so be for-warned that i am unsure as to whether what i'm saying is reality or a dream. when i was very little, i remember seeing shadow people. specifically i saw one who I've always called Shadow Lady. i remember hearing whispered voices, they'd sound vaguely like family members and it was always when i was sleepy. i don't remember much about my childhood other than i loved - still do really - being outside, being around animals and i preferred to play on my own. now i'm starting to think about religion and Christianity is just not me. i believe in the fair folk - they fae or fey etc. - and to be honest i just need some pointers with basic information on what would be best? i have also never had the Shadow Lady or the voices explained to me any further than maybe a ghost, a guardian angel, my imagination or a dream. my Nan would like me to follow in her footsteps as a spiritualist, and claims that sensitivity runs in the family (her sister predicted that my dads first born would be a girl and supposedly sensitive although she died before i was actually born) i know there's a lot here and it probably doesn't make an awful lot of sense but these question have always been in the back of my mind: who was the Shadow Lady? why did she visit me? what path should i follow bearing in mind my belief in the fey, and other supernatural things?

Greetings Laura,

In what is know as the "Craft of the Wise", Witchcraft or across the Salt Pond in the States as Wicca what you are describing and identifying as the Shadow Lady is either a Guide or possibly a deific manifestation for you.

As children who have the "gift" or sensitivity call this individual manifestation what makes sense to them. One individual with which I am acquainted began seeing an individual they called Spirit Gram when they were only 5 yrs old.

I feel that your Nan is encouraging you appropriately to follow out where your gift may lead you. Of course, it is always your decision on what and where you go with the sensitivity and other things that may manifest themselves in you as you walk that path.

As to sources on the FEY.  Here are a few that you may obtain through the Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church On-Line library ( asking for access by email to me at

Other sources can be obtained electronically through

Lastly I teach a course as part of Freshmen electives at Woolston-steen Theological Seminary on Celtic Mythology that may be also helpful. (

You can also go to and look for fey or british goblins for sources.

One book that has quite a bit useful information is the Encyclopedia of Celtic Wisdom by John and Catlin Matthews here is the link -

Also the first half of the book Manifesting True Desires Learning from Arianrhod and the Tree of Life written by me may be useful as it discusses Ariarhod a Celtic Goddess related to the Fey. Here is the link for that book as well.

Here are some links for documents

Feel free to contact me as you desire at

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP

I can answer questions related to paganism, wicca, spiritual coaching, Native American Spirituality, shamanic healing, Altered States of Consciousness, Reiki, Celtic Transformational Healing, Celtic Mythology,( Welsh, Irish, Britonic), Kabbalah, Goddesses and Gods. I also answer questions on paranormal experiences

I am a full Professor at Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary and the Sr. Pastor of the Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church ATC,a Gardnarian 3rd Degree and am also ordained through the International Metaphysical Ministry. I have previously been ordained as an Orthodox Rabbi, and Christian Minister. I am a Registered Spiritual Counselor, Metaphysical Practitioner and have been a Licensed Spiritual Coach, (2007) and a Reiki Master since 1995. I am the High Priest of the Family Tradition mentioned above. As I learned each technique, I realized the benefits and the shortcomings of each one. As I continued to search, study, learn, and incorporate these into my own growth I became a more balanced, happy, satisfied person, for myself. As I become more satisfied with myself, I attracted more balanced, happy, satisfied people into my own life. I realized that these techniques combined together, can be used by ANYONE. Therefore. I became a Spiritual Coach to be able to share this with anyone who wanted to - Be ALL that they ALREADY Are. I am a published author, and have many articles on alternative healing techniques, including Reiki,meditations, shamanic practices, training courses, and articles on following your own life and spiritual path. I have earned a Doctorate of Metaphysical Science (DMsc) from the University of Sedona. Currently, I teach the following courses: Celtic Transformational Healing, The Warrior Within, Intuitive Tarot Reading, Soul Retrieval for Shamanic practitioners, and Shamanic Soul: Path to the Sacred Self,(Core Metaphysical Shamanism), Tree of Life in YOUR Daily Walk as well as all three levels of traditional Usui Reiki.

Charter Member, International Metaphysical Association International Metaphysical Ministry Healers International Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church ATC Native American Church Wite Rayvn Aquarian Tabernacle Church International

Witchvox, Associated Content, Amazines, Heartland Spirit, Ezine, Pagan Pulse Magazine, Bharaat Bhasha

B.A. Temple University BMsc University of Sedona MMsc, University of Sedona DMsc, University of Sedona Traditional Spiritual Leader and Medicine Man, Native American Church Reiki Master Certified Tarot Professional Reader High Priest (Wite Rayvn) Shamanic Practitioner, (Metaphysical) Gardnarian 3rd Degree

Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary Volunteer Recognition Award 2012