Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Dragonflies, totem animals

Question
Hello, I have been following a more spiritual path as of late and recently heard of something refered to as totem animals or power animals. My experience has been with dragonflies, first I had one buzz around me and I followed it to a spot that I now go to when I meditate. They seem to be fascinated with me there, hovering around me, landing on my back and ect. When I left that spot to go home a big one was right there on the porch. More recent moments, a coworker told me that when I left work, as soon as I rounded the corner a dragonfly flew up behind me and tried entering the door I left from and just yesterday I had four of them just chilling about two feet away watching me. I can't help but wonder what the meaning behind this is. They have become rather a comforting and welcomed presence.

Answer
dragonfly clip art
dragonfly clip art  
Hello Brian,

Dragonfly is a good totem animal. it represents several things that may be of assistance to you in hearing the message that is coming through them. Dragonfly represents deep thoughts that are coming to the surface. They are the messengers of our inner self to bring forth to us what is going on in our lives.

In general there are three aspects of every message.

Knowledge = What the facts or information is
Wisdom = How it applies to ourselves
Understanding = What to do with the information.

As they have been a welcoming presence I would suggest that during meditation look for hidden signs and messages within the meditation. Follow these thoughts/visions through and see where they lead and apply to your life here on the physical plane.

Bright Blessing,

Alfred W  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP