Pagan/Wiccan Religion/beginning wicca

Question
Hi Rev. Willowhawk,

I've recently started my journey on becoming a wiccan, and I have a could of questions that are stumping me a bit. First, I don't live around any metaphysics store or meetup so how can I find people my own age to learn with? (I'm a young college student if that helps). Second,I've been reading a lot about how everyone has inner power and that some people have an easier time tapping into theirs, how can I tap into mine and how can I become stronger with it? Third, I've read a lot about how magick is everywhere, I'm wondering what your experiences with magick have been and if magick can be manifested into a physical form. I apologize for asking so many questions, but thank you very much for taking the time to read this message.

Answer
Hello Cricket!

First I am honored that you have determined to seek answers to these questions. The decision to start a journey to "becoming" Wiccan takes patience and determination. It is a faith that is self empowering, and full of surprises!

You have embarked on one of the best journeys that you could choose. First, remember that your spirituality is your spirituality. Unlike other faiths there is a wide diversity within is  and all paths are one path. To become Wiccan is to be in tune with yourself, others, and all of nature. In Wicca you will find many individuals who are at the same level as you, whether they are of the same physical age or not!

To answer your first question there is one really good place for you to start your "communion" with others of similar age, and levels.This place is an on-line UNIVERSITY, that offers full training in a virtual environment that truly is a "tween space". A 'tween space is a space that is both a "physical" reality and an energetic reality. Please be advised that I am partial to this particular university because I am both a professor there and also the Assistant Dean of Education and Graduate Studies. SO, with that disclaimer it is the Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary. You can check them out by clicking here. We have students from all over the world and classes are mostly at 6 PM - 8 PM Pacific time. The virtual campus is in SecondLife and is a real school offering real degrees from a state certified institution. There are work study options available. The school offers events, rituals, and hang out space as well as classes in the simulation ( we call it the "sim") and is called Sacred Cauldron in SecondLife. Currently we are finishing up the 4th session of the year and will start up again in January, however, there are still events, rituals, and students hanging around there that you can start your conversations and begin integration into the sim!

There is another more passive site to check out to see if there are any teaching groups locally, go to http://witchvox.com and check out your state, and city or closest metro area to see if there are local groups that are teaching groups that you might visit to see if you feel comfortable.

The inner power that you speak of is accessed only by practice and training. Meditation is one good way to tap yours and begin to work on encouraging it to "peak" out from within. Please understand that this inner power that people speak of is the connection to the energy of everything around and within you. If you have not had an easy time learning to meditate I have a free 45 minute class that I did called Meditations for Beginners which can be accessed here.

So, the third question is very interesting. First, we need to define what is Magick . So for this discussion I am choosing to define Magick as : Magick is finding your connection to the Earth and all that is natural, alive and moving in the universe! It binds all that exists together.

Magick is living in balance with the flow of life, and knowing that you are a vital force within that flow. Magick is everywhere! In the trees, rain, stars, and in the sea. It is the spark that quickens a seed to rise up from the soil.

Magick is laughter, joy, wonder and truth the of the world around us!

It is the subtle enchantment that reminds us not to waste a single moment of this gift that we call life! Magick is not greed, or power, or pretense...It is real. It exists. And it works.

Magick is the mystery that lies in the secret soul of the world. It is the essence of creation. What we imagine, we have the power to create!

MAGICK IS WITHIN YOU...  

http://wicca.com/celtic/wicca/magick.htm

So with this definition every time we do a "magickal working" what is sometimes called a "spell" we bring magick into physical form.

If I can be of any other assistance to you feel free to contact me either here or directly at alfred@witerayvn.org

Our website is: http://witerayvn.org or I look forward to seeing and meeting you in Sacred Cauldron!

Bright Blessing,

Alfred Willowhawk  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP