Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Breaking a curse

Question
QUESTION: I am spiritual but not Wiccan. i recently visited a psychic who told me that I am living under a "block" (a curse?) from a woman who wronged my mother while i was still in the womb. This "block" was created because this other woman tried to lure my father away from my mother while my mother was pregnant with me (I have asked my father and yes, this event did actually happen). According to this psychic, this "block" causes me to not reach happiness and my children and grandchildren will suffer under this also. I am wondering if there is a Wiccan ritual or spell that can break this "block" (curse) as I and my family have been suffering from negative events since my mother became seriously ill and died in 2009. I am looking for any help I can get, not for myself but for my wife, my children and my future grandchildren, so that they do not have to suffer under this "block".

ANSWER: I am including here a spell that work Very well when done with conviction.  Some people find parts of it challenging.  It has been rewritten several times to if the names or pronouns are wrong just adapt it for your needs.  If you don't have specific pictures, or a name or something from or about the woman who cursed you just do your best.  The action of the spell, the plea you make to the Goddess, is to reverse the energy, so just do what you can to identify the target.

FYI:  Natural spiritualist come is all sorts.  Wiccans are just one small and very new group in the natural spiritualist community.  Being Wiccan is sort of like being Baptist, its just one piece.  Baptist, Lutheran, Catholics - they are all Christians.  Wiccans, Dianics, Grey Dawns - all just different groups of spiritualists.  Those of us who are born to peoples who have this way of life as a culture from our past don't feel a need to put those kind of labels to it.  Just develop a relationship that is personal between you and the universe.  Pick and choose which rituals and customs fit your needs, no matter which group developed them.  

The Witch’s Jar
These spell directions assume you know basic witchcrafting and the related skills.
The altar space for this spell should be a table with a large mirror on the wall behind it.  The classic bedroom dresser or vanity is perfect.  I know it has been successfully done on a bathroom counter with a wall mirror.  The spell workings must be reflected in the mirror.  You can always just lean a big mirror against the wall on any table.
Preparation for the spell:  For several days ahead of time you will need to go out seeking dirty sharps; broken glass fragments, rusty sharp metal fragments, broken, bent and rusty pins, needles, or nails, anything nasty that you could cut yourself on and get an infection or disease from it.  This does not need to be done at night necessarily.  Be careful – use gloves or tongs.  Put the fragments in a pint size glass mayonnaise or similar size glass jar.  You can really use any size or shape glass jar…but the bigger it is, the harder it is to fill up with sharps.
It is best done on dark moon, but any waning moon will do.
Clean your sacred space…at least the room you will be working in, very well.
Gather all materials for the altar…all basics ritual tools plus the jar, the mirror, three black taper candles, patchouli for burning, three clear rock crystals or large diamonds (best if you have them), a picture of the offending witch (the person who sent the curse)  if you have one.  Don’t forget the essentials like lighters…  Good red wine and enough glasses for all participants plus one to leave on the altar.  I suggest opening it ahead of time.
If you can’t get a photo, you will need a piece of parchment with his/her name written on it.
Crystals or gems should be well cleaned, fully charged and enchanted to the purpose of magnifying energy.
Candles should be blessed and dressed to their purpose.  Patchouli should be enchanted to purpose (message carrying).
Do a ritual cleansing and purification of yourself and any sisters in the circle and the cursed party if they are an outsider.
When ready…lay the circle.  It needs to be a solid, strong circle.  Don’t mess around.  Usually good witches lay clockwise circles…today you are going to lay the circle counterclockwise and when you turn the energy you will turn it counterclockwise.  Call the corners.
Call down your pantheon.   Good choices are goddesses of love and goddesses of justice.
As you open your ritual, use one black candle for the goddess and one for the god.  Light a thick incense of patchouli and bless it to the wind and air and ask it to be a messenger for you.
Now we get out our sharps jar.  We are going to chant something like (change as you see fit)…
“(Name of bad witch) I put you down, I humiliate you, I defeat you”   Say this several times as the cursed person pees into the jar…yes you heard me correctly.  Now close the lid and place the jar before the mirror and put the picture of the bad witch facing into the mirror if you have one.  
Light the third black candle saying “Blessed Be this creature of fire that I light to expose the face of evil.”  Put it close to the jar so it reflects into the mirror.  Place the crystals in a triangle around the candle base with the tip towards the mirror.
Now we turn energy and send it out…the goal is to take whatever energy she is sending you and bounce it back through the mirror onto her.  Again, change the chant to fit your needs.
“Magic bad and magic black, mirror here to send it back, back to you away from me, back to you the pain to see”
When you have chanted and generated energy for as long as you possibly can, holding it contained in the circle until it is like a hurricane force…release it in a burst, like an explosion…see if fly off toward her.  Then do a blessing and ground with the wine.  Then walk off and believe it worked.  It is absolutely essential that you never doubt that it found its target and did its job.  Doubting magick will kill it every time!
You can do this three days in a row, burning the candle one third each night.  You don’t have to do the jar and peeing part every night.  If you used a coven and it was a very powerful release you may not need to repeat it.
You can adjust this to fit your needs but this spell works as written.  Any changes will change the intent and purpose.
Always remember to use ritual techniques to dispose of spell remains – very important.

Love to you all, Labyrinth

QUESTION: Labyrinth,

Thank you for the information regarding natural spiritualism. That is very helpful.

My follow-up is two-fold: 1)regarding some of the more "technical" portions of the spell's rituals. Is there a resource I can use to tell me the "basics of witchcrafting and the related skills" such that i can know how to cleanse my sacred space properly, the basic ritual tools for the altar, how to charge crystals and gems, etc.?

2) Will this spell work even if the woman who placed the "block" is deceased?

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and your quick response.

ANSWER: The best resource for beginners in my opinion - I make all my new students read this - "Wicca; a guide for the solitary practitioner by Scott Cunningham.  This is readily available online at Amazon.com and other places as well as many good bookstores.

As for #2 - that's a good question.  My experience -yes.  Especially if you focus on the reflection of energy.  However, I would be interested to know more about the woman.  Few witches can hold a spell past the grave.  Gypsies, voodoo priestess, sanitaria, native Americans...none of the other natural spiritualist groups really have the ancient powers we were originally given.  Most of the current groups are modern formations drawing on secondary sources.
The key is going to be dedication to the energy creation and release.  Keep the focus.  I will check some of the grimoires and see if I have anything targeted to removing curses placed by the deceased.  I don't think I do but you never know...

Feel free to write with any other questions you may have.

QUESTION: Lady Layrinth,

I know very little about the woman who is at the center of this other than it happened 49 years ago, her first name and that she could be considered very selfish and somewhat on the evil side regarding personality.

I do not know if she were a witch, I just think she was not good Karma.

The psychic just said this woman caused a "block" to happiness that would span to my grandchildren. Right now this seems to be coming to fruition.

Thank you for all the help and advice.

Answer
Just put her name on the script, and when performing the ritual put all your feelings and what little you know into the energy generation.  The only thing I can think of to link the spell to other members of your family may not be something you want to do with kids who were not raised in the faith like I was.  It may help if as many member of your family as you are comfortable including spit into the jar before it was sealed, or also peed in it...
My kids wouldn't think it bizarre but yours may be a little freaked out.

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Labyrinth