Pagan/Wiccan Religion/handfasting validity

Question
About a year ago my husband who I have been married to for 11 years left me for another woman he barely knew. 7 Days after they had a private handfasting ceremony.  Just the 2 of them. Now he has left her, and we started to work on our problems and have reconciled. The divorce process was started but never finished. We are still married and stopped the process completely.  The other woman knew he was married when this all started and it was very shocking for both our families when he left. Needless to say this all pains me significantly.  She asked him for a parting ceremony but he refused due to simple disbelief. He deeply regrets his actions. What bothers me is the possibility that in some way the handfasting could have been considered morally valid. She has treated their parting as a divorce, even holding on to his belongings. On her facebook she listed herself as married, when we officially reconciled. Even though before that she only considered them as engaged. I know I may be acting silly and I shouldn't even care but I would still like to know.
Is there anyway this handfasting could be considered valid?

Answer
This "marriage" because that's what a hand fasting is, is considered validly the Gods, even if it isn't valid legally.

That being said, a Hand parting unlike a divorce needn't be agreed upon by both parties. If one person does the ceremony it is still considered nullified.  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Amy Blackthorn