Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Wicca

Question
Im Wicca, how old should u be to be a Wiccan Elder??

Answer
Hi Kevin,

This is a very interesting question. To begin let us define what an Elder IS.

An elder is one who has been in the craft long enough to have a really good understanding of the workings, mechanics, and nature of Wicca.  The second aspect of being an elder is that onr hsd led there own group for a time. The third aspect and probably the most important is one's COMMUNITY recognizes that the individual has this level of understanding and serves their community! They are recognized as a parent type individual in their community.

Please note the third aspect. It is not about age, or a level to be desired. It is about SERVICE and recognition from those in your community. In fact, I did not acknowledge myself as an elder until other elders in the community that were not part of my particular group but worked with us actually told me "You know, you ARE an elder of this community even if you do not think so!"

To extend this question a bit there is a common misconception that the stages of life are somehow granted to an individual when they reach a certain age. While age does play SOME part, after all an individual who is 19 yrs old and has been in the craft for 2 years in  most cases would not be an elder, neither is an individual who is 40 years old and has been in the craft for 15 years automatically an elder.

Bright Blessing,

Alfred Willowhawk
http://www.witerayvnatc.org
http://www.alfredwillowhawk.us

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP