Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Pagan/Wiccan ?

Question
Yes, I was wondering where to start to learn about Pagan or Wicca religion . I know some people say they are the same thing , where as someone has told me that Paganism is the religion and wicca is the sub category under it .. I am not sure I understand it all quite well ...

First off reason I am asking , I would like to venture into other religions , I was raised Christian , however weird things have happened all my life. I consider myself a spiritualist, for I meditate and cleanse my home of negative energies and other things ..

I write poetry but sometimes it comes true, I don't know how to explain it . Once when I was a teen , I wrote a poem about air, I was outside and there was no breeze in the world , it was a hot humid day ... After i wrote the poem I read it a loud there was a breeze .. In the poem I asked for one .. It was dis concerning . Since I was raised a strict Christian and so I blamed it on coincidence, sometimes I wonder though .. Was is ?

I guess I am on a journey to find a different religion and what the difference between pagan and wiccan is ... Any help is appreciated and thank you :)

Answer
Sam,

Well met.  It could have been coincidence.  Perhaps not.  You are the only one who does or who will know for sure.  Paganism or Neo(new)paganism is a broad term to categorize pre-Christian polytheistic religions.  Wicca is a resurrection of one of them.  The best and most concise definition I have borrowed from Wiki:

"Wicca is typically duotheistic, worshipping a god and goddess traditionally viewed as a mother goddess and horned god. These two deities are often viewed as facets of a greater pantheistic godhead. However, beliefs range from "hard" polytheism to even monotheism. Wiccan celebration follows approximately eight seasonally based festivals known as Sabbats. An unattributed statement known as the Wiccan Rede is the traditional basis of Wiccan morality. Wicca involves the ritual practice of magic."

If this interests you then continue your search by reading about Wicca, Sabbats, Esbats, etc.  

Be blessed!  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

MabonStag