Pagan/Wiccan Religion/how can I make it my self

how can I make a broom or a besom and whats the difference

Phillipine Broom
Phillipine Broom  
A besom is a broom made with twigs or brush rather than straw.  Either will do for magick work as it is not used to actually sweep the ground at all.  It is used symbolically to sweep negative energy from an area where you would like to work.

Both consist of getting a handle and tying the brush on.  Material choice will depend on where you live and what your resources are.  Some woods have magick properties so you may want to research that if you have different types of wood available to you.  The hardest part is tying on  - and keeping it ties on - the brush section.  I have never been able to get a homemade broom to stay together for me!  I just buy the Philippine broom.

I am going to try and attach pictures of a besom and a Philippine broom.  This besom does not have a handle at all.  That style might be easier to make.

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

I can answer all questions regarding natural spirituality and being a pagan. Being Wicca, Golden Dawn, Shamanist, like saying you're Lutheran or Baptist. They are all forms of paganism and all based on natural spirituality. I am Romani (gypsy) and part Lakota (American Indian) and I was raised in natural spiritualism. I am a life path counselor for my group, a ritualist, and a spell weaver. Most of my work consists of guiding people on how to find spiritual peace in a very chaotic material world. Ask me anything.

Romani and Lakota by blood and raised in the old traditions. High Priestess - Rainbow Moon Clan. Ordained Christian Minister

American Library Association

BA Education BA English MFA Creative Writing MS Library Science