Pagan/Wiccan Religion/White Wolf seen

Question
I have been into Wicca since I was 16. I'm 28 now. My Dad has recently told me the my Great Grandpa was a 1/4 Native American. I live on Cape Cod, MA. I was waiting in the parking lot at my dad's work waiting for to get done with work. They were shucking scallops and the empty shells were sitting outside in the totes. So I'm outside having a smoke. It was summertime so I got out of the car to have one. There's a little fence and some trees kind of on a hill. This really white wolf came out of no where and walked behind the fence and just watched me and some people that were outside. I went in the truck because it wasn't that far away. I wasn't scared. It kind of felt like I knew it. It was a relly fluffy too. I'm not really sure what to think of it.

Answer
Hi Melissa,

The white wolf is a very interesting animal. First, in Celtic lands and in Celtic understanding of the Craft a WHITE wolf or any animal for that matter is from the OTHERWORLD. The Otherworld, in case you are unaware, is similar to the Underworld.

In certain Native American traditions the color white is also an indication of a spirit animal or animal helper. Wolves in Wicca are great protectors and guardians of our path. They stay with you for a long time and watch your path. They usually are solitary but quick witted and help you to see what is going on around you.

From the description you gave I sense that it was letting you know that it was there and watching you. IF you do not already have it, I would suggest some representation of Wolf on your personal altar.

You might even go into circle and recognize that the wolf is one of your animal allies.

If you need anything from me please contact me at:  witerayv@gmail.com

Bright Blessing,

AW

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP