Pagan/Wiccan Religion/cording

Question
hello,  my sister said because i have called Ishtar since 1985, I am corded to her, and since I said I dont have to do anymore spells, if I wish it it happens. She said it takes 1 year and 1 day to get uncorded. Is this true? I went to someone who has uncorded me but my sister doesnt want anything to do with  me and is blaming all her problems on me saying Ishtars effects everybody around me. We used to live together. Is this all a bunch of nonsense or what? Please help because I love the dog there and she wont let me see him. Thank you.

Answer
Ishtara/Inanna is a Mesopotamian/Sumerian, Assyrian, and Akkadian Goddess.  So she most likely does not care about you, unless that is your ancestry.

The term Corded is a Celtic Term usually related to oaths.  Since Istara is a Desert Goddess, usually associated with Oases, she would have been about Blood and Water Magic.  In the Desert, your life and blood are about the only thing that is yours.

Since Istara is also a War Goddess, it is possible that she could get petty if she feels betrayed, but I doubt that is the case.  Most Gods and Goddesses do not give a damn about us mortals.

So what you are describing sounds like a Wiccan variant of the Cult (People) of Istara. That means, though you did betray Istara, by asking out of your oath, but being respectful about it, you should be good.  It is not like you started worshiping a God or Goddess that she hated, without even asking out of your oath.

THIS IS JUST YOUR SISTER'S OWN WEAKNESS AND PETTINESS. SHE IS BLAMING YOU FOR THE PROBLEMS IN HER LIFE, BECAUSE SHE IS TOO WEAK TO FIX THEM.

Once again, Corded does not make any sense, when it comes to Istara.  The Ritual that the Older Cults of Ishtara would probably be bathing and blooding, but not cording.

I KNOW YOU LOVE THE DOG, BUT IT IS BEST TO SEPARATE YOURSELF FROM YOUR SISTER'S WEAKNESS.  

Bear Rollins
Celtic Heathen/Druid
Master Druid of the Wild Hunt Order

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Berzerker