Pagan/Wiccan Religion/altered conciousness difficulty

QUESTION: What is some of the most effective methods for going into altered states of conciseness especially for someone who's not used to doing so and may struggle on past attempts?

Meditations for Life Alfred Willowhawk
Meditations for Life A  

Many people have this difficulty. There are many good resources to help you achieve this altered state without resorting to artificial or chemical means. Learning to meditate well is one of the key steps.

Altered States are related to the chemical changes in our body when we convert melatonin to DMT in our bodies naturally. It is more subtle than using chemical and frankly illegal means in most locations, however they work just the same.

Shamans and other "travellers" use drums, rattles, or even some form of mild physical pain to assist their bodies in activating the necessary chemical processes to create DMT. The reason we want to encourage the production of DMT is this is the substance that assists in quieting our conscious mind so that the subconscious mind can become more active and hence produce the altered state consciousness.

The first steps in gaining this ability is to learn to be able to take "journeys" through guided meditations.

Here is a free resource - a course that I have on the internet - it takes about 45 minutes to go through it for the very first step. It is a class I gave on WizIQ called Meditation for Beginners

Class link

Secondly A good CD is Meditations for Life which has four sixteen minute guided meditations. You can get this by clicking here

Third, here is a link to an article - An Easy Meditation Technique - that will help

I suggest then going through these often and then use the technique to help you achieve this state at will.

Feel free to contact me here or on either of these websites:

Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church
alfred willowhawk personal site

QUESTION: This is just a short follow up. if melatonin is the precursor for DMT (i thought seratonin was the precursor?) then would things be easier if I took melatonin supplements or simply hang out in the dark more (which is when melatonin is produced)?

Both are involved and taking suppliments would put u to sleep really quickly. I do not encourage any usage of external means to obtain the altered state of consciousness. Training your brain through drumming, or sound is a better idea than adding chemicals or other substances to your body.

Doing so, can lead to usage of illegal methods of obtaining this state.

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Alfred Willowhawk, DMsc, CTPR, CTM, RMT, Shamanic Practitioner, Metaphysician, HP

I can answer questions related to paganism, wicca, spiritual coaching, Native American Spirituality, shamanic healing, Altered States of Consciousness, Reiki, Celtic Transformational Healing, Celtic Mythology,( Welsh, Irish, Britonic), Kabbalah, Goddesses and Gods. I also answer questions on paranormal experiences

I am a full Professor at Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary and the Sr. Pastor of the Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church ATC,a Gardnarian 3rd Degree and am also ordained through the International Metaphysical Ministry. I have previously been ordained as an Orthodox Rabbi, and Christian Minister. I am a Registered Spiritual Counselor, Metaphysical Practitioner and have been a Licensed Spiritual Coach, (2007) and a Reiki Master since 1995. I am the High Priest of the Family Tradition mentioned above. As I learned each technique, I realized the benefits and the shortcomings of each one. As I continued to search, study, learn, and incorporate these into my own growth I became a more balanced, happy, satisfied person, for myself. As I become more satisfied with myself, I attracted more balanced, happy, satisfied people into my own life. I realized that these techniques combined together, can be used by ANYONE. Therefore. I became a Spiritual Coach to be able to share this with anyone who wanted to - Be ALL that they ALREADY Are. I am a published author, and have many articles on alternative healing techniques, including Reiki,meditations, shamanic practices, training courses, and articles on following your own life and spiritual path. I have earned a Doctorate of Metaphysical Science (DMsc) from the University of Sedona. Currently, I teach the following courses: Celtic Transformational Healing, The Warrior Within, Intuitive Tarot Reading, Soul Retrieval for Shamanic practitioners, and Shamanic Soul: Path to the Sacred Self,(Core Metaphysical Shamanism), Tree of Life in YOUR Daily Walk as well as all three levels of traditional Usui Reiki.

Charter Member, International Metaphysical Association International Metaphysical Ministry Healers International Wite Rayvn Metaphysical Church ATC Native American Church Wite Rayvn Aquarian Tabernacle Church International

Witchvox, Associated Content, Amazines, Heartland Spirit, Ezine, Pagan Pulse Magazine, Bharaat Bhasha

B.A. Temple University BMsc University of Sedona MMsc, University of Sedona DMsc, University of Sedona Traditional Spiritual Leader and Medicine Man, Native American Church Reiki Master Certified Tarot Professional Reader High Priest (Wite Rayvn) Shamanic Practitioner, (Metaphysical) Gardnarian 3rd Degree

Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary Volunteer Recognition Award 2012