Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Beginner

Question
I want to learn more about the craft, but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any recommendations on some books or anything I should read?

Answer
First you have to determine which of the Crafts you are talking about.  Craft comes from the Saxony word Acht meaning Way.  There is Druidcraft, Witchcraft, and Wiccacraft.  Many so called practitioners will try and tell you that Wiccacraft and Witchcraft are the same thing.  In fact, people who read my answer and tell you that I am wrong, when History supports me.

You have to decide if you are a true practitioner or a hippy wiccan bigot.  A True Practitioner seeks knowledge, all knowledge, and then overlay it on a core of required knowledge.

Druids are Warriors, Healers, Priests, and Bards
Witches are Healers and Priests

This is why a lot of Apothecaries (a place herbs are sold) are run by Witches.

The people who cry that Druids were not Warriors, or trained as Warriors, those will be NeoDruids.  Neo Druidry is a form of Wicca created in the 1970s so that people would not have to go to Church.

Wicca was created in the late 1940s and early 1950s, by Gerald Gardner. He got kicked out of a Druid Order for refusing to train a Black Man, whose Ancestry was English Moor, stating he was not British enough.  After getting kicked out, he created his first Coven (Sex Cult), a place where you had to be Straight, White, and British to Join.  Alex Sanders and his wife left because Gardner required all the Women in the Coven Sleep with him.  He had no respect for the Vows of Marriage.

As far as your Question goes, I would start with the Works of Shakespeare, Poetic/Prose Eddas, Beowulf, Art of War by Sun Tsu.  These books will give you a starting mindset for the Old Religion.  There are a great many things in Modern life that are based on the Old Religion.  In fact, when Republicans talk about Family Values, Working for a Living, Family Dinners, and Military Service, those all came from our Religion.

Bear

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Berzerker