Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Beginners

Question
Hi, my friend has converted to witchcraft and I was interested in learning more about it. I know it is not like in the movies. Do witches believe in God? Do they believe in heaven/hell? Are witches vegan? What is a day in the life of a witch?

Thank you so much!

Answer
Hi Katie!
Thanks for caring enough about your friend to research and ask questions. :)   Witches believe in multiple Gods and Goddesses. It's okay to ask your friend if she is researching a particular Deity or Pantheon. She may just honor the Lord and Lady as aspects of the divine rather than gods of a particular pantheon.  Many witches believe in the Summerland,, a heaven-like place where people go when they die.  Hell is a Christian concept, so it doesn't apply to Witches.   Some Wotces are vegan, that's a personal choice, some relate that house to their faith, but it is not a mandate of faith.  Witches are just like everyone else. A normal day is just like that of anyone else, we work, go to school, see our friends and family and share meals together.  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Amy Blackthorn Ph.D, DD. HPS, RM