Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Harnessing power/focusing with depression

Question
Hello!
Thank you for looking at my question. My problem is I feel as of lately it is hard for me to focus (I can't retain information, can barely anoint and program crystals or candles, and when I DO manage I feel like I'm not successful because I couldn't quiet my mind). I suffer from depression and am in a very stressful, bad spot (25 no job, taking care of grandpa alone, financially struggling, junky house, on meds, feel like a failure, social anxiety and borederline agoraphobia. Haven't seen friends in months). I'm sure this effects me focusing my energy, and I wanted to know if there is anything I can do to improve (if not my depression and agoraphobia/social anxiety) at least my ability to focus on spells and prayers, and even reading and retaining new information?
Sorry if that's confusing! I just want to feel happy and be able to focus

Answer
I'm really sorry to hear you're having such a hard time! I understand, to a point, since I recently went through the same thing. This is what I "prescribe":

Meditation of about 10-15 mins twice a day. It's okay if you are not successful, but it will help quiet your mind a little. Practice, practice practice!

Spend some time with an animal: cat, dog or bird. They are non-judgemental and instantly allow for the production of endorphins (the feel good hormone)

Take a walk outside. Look around you. A lot of the time, we miss the beauty in life around us, and this can be a trigger for depression. Listen to the birds, water running, cars buzzing. The world is so full of life and excitement - pull from that energy.

Clean your house. This is BY FAR the best thing I do to help me with the blues. I feel so much better when there is less clutter and dust. Just tidying up a room would make a big change.

Start taking vitamins. I recently started taking some vitamin supplements which help with brain function, and it has improved my focus and memory, lowered my anxiety, somewhat diminished my ADHD, and I feel great.

Change your diet. Less junk more home cooked food. I switched from take out lunch to a special soup I make (one can of campbell condensed soup and one can of my special stock - chicken, loads of vegetables (celery, pumpkin, carrots, spinach, etc) strained and freezed for use). I now feel a lot better than when I'm eating crappy take out.

Go and see a friend. Get out of the house. Relax, don't get all tense about it. Don't go into a crowded space, just go to the beach or a lake with a friend.

Only when you're feeling better can you focus energy on anything. If you follow these steps, I'm sure you'll be feeling better soon, and then you'll be able to find the courage to apply for a job, and do something you like doing.

It's a life change; that's all. Anxiety is a big problem, and too many people don't understand it, but you can do little things to help alleviate it a bit.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. :)

Love and light to you and your grandpa :)  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Luna, HPs