Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Pagan Religion

Question
QUESTION: 1. Do you believe in magic?
2. What does magic mean to you?
3. Do you use magic in your work?
4. Is there good and bad magic?
5. Can anyone use magic?
6. Does magic have power?
7. Do you believe magic is used in any type of religion?
8. Can magic be a feeling or something you see?
9. Compare or contrast a magician performing magic to your beliefs about magic.
10. How does one connect with everyday magic?

ANSWER: 1. Do you believe in magic? Absolutely
2. What does magic mean to you? Causing wanted change in accordance with Will.
3. Do you use magic in your work? Daily for 23 years
4. Is there good and bad magic? No. Healing can be "bad" magic if it prolongs suffering. Hexing a bad habit is a great way to beat it. No such thing.  
5. Can anyone use magic? Yup
6. Does magic have power? Absolutely
7. Do you believe magic is used in any type of religion? Magic is a system, not a religion. There are religions that embrace magic like Wicca but it isn't religion on its own.

8. Can magic be a feeling or something you see? Yup.
9. Compare or contrast a magician performing magic to your beliefs about magic. What kind of magician? Stage magic is different from religious magic but not everyone who calls themselves a magician does stage magic. Religious magic isn't pulling rabbits out of hats. It can be using an egg to remove warts. It can be a chant that heals burns or stops bleeding.
10. How does one connect with everyday magic? Simple. Use it daily. If that means meditating before school or after work, do it. It means appreciating the beauty of moon rise or a sunset. It's wishing on Random clock times like 11:11. Magic is found in every day life once you connect with yourself and THEN the world around you.

QUESTION: So I consider myself pagan and sometimes I'm asked what that is. I always get tongue tied when trying to explain, how would you explain what is pagan to another person?

Answer
Pagan is a blanket term for anyone who doesn't follow 1 of the 3 Abrahamic religions.So it technically includes major world faiths like Buddhism and Sikhism and Hinduism as well as other religions.

There are literally thousands of Pagan religions.I am a Celtic Pagan which means I follow the religion of the Ancient Celts-specifically those who lived in Scotland.Wiccans are a neo-Pagan religion whose faith blends elements of several Ancient Pagan faiths.Astaru is a religion of the Vikings and other Norse people's practice Theodish belief as well.  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Amy Blackthorn