Pagan/Wiccan Religion/Ceremonial artifacts found on property

I was walking in my woods yesterday and found what appeared to be a ceremonial site in and along my creek.  My question is this: I'm fine with folks enjoying the creek, and I'm fine with them conducting private ceremonies and meditations and such. But I want the artifacts removed, especially the glass, since my dogs and I wade that creek twice a day.  I also don't want to disrupt whatever spell or ceremony is being conducted.  Here's what I found:  a 3 foot arrow shape made of small rocks and pointing south.  This is in 3 inches of water.  In the middle of the arrow is a small wooded box containing a black glove and 3 aces from a deck of playing cards.  Sitting upright on the box is an empty bottle of Jim Beam Honey.  Hanging above this configuration is a 4 foot stick, an inch in diameter, with a string wrapped around it.  The string is intertwined with a vine (probably Virginia Creeper).  At the end another playing card has been folded and lashed to the stick.  The string extends beyond the stick to a live tree and is attached there by a small silver-colored ring which is hooked over a knob on the live tree. On the bank where the arrow points a circle has been draw in the mud and it looks something like a face.   Hard to tell exactly since one of the dogs stepped on it.  And next to the circle is another bottle of something placed upside down so the neck is in the creek.  The bottle contains an assorted of things (like sticks and filters) that I didn't identify.  So my plan is to collect the items and put them in a box on the opposite bank with a note asking whoever is using the spot to clean up after themselves.  Is that a good idea or can I expect trouble afterwards?  Thanks for any advice.

Trouble from the person who set this up, possibly, but not from the working being done. It's your property. If you don't mind someone meditating, having small ceremonies there, I'd say so. Just telling them not tolerable things behind is a simple request.  

Pagan/Wiccan Religion

Rev. Amy Blackthorn Ph.D, DD. HPS, RM

I teach Wicca 101, 202 and more specific advanced subjects. I can answer questions on several Traditions. I have experience in subjects including, Astrology, Wicca, Folk Magic, and indigenous Religions, including Voudou, Greek and Celtic Reconstruction, Native Herbal uses, Hoodoo and Green Witch Craft. I am a Usui Reiki Master, as well as a trained in several other forms of healing.

I have 17+ years experience in the above topics, including the Initiatory traditions of Gardnerian Wicca and Green Witchcraft.

Maryland Delaware Wiccan Pagan Alliance, Alternative Religions Education Network, Lady Liberty League, Pagan Clergy Association

My first publication was in "The Seeker Journal" at the age of 16. This was an 18 page in depth look at the similarities between Wiccan holy days and Christian ones.

Numerous degrees including one in Horticulture and initiation into different Religious orders, including Susun Weed's and other Pagan Authors, Scholars and Elders.