Pagemaker (Adobe)/Pagemaker 6.5 into Wimdows 7

Bo Transbøl wrote at 2011-11-05 19:11:57
For years I've been running PM 6.5 using XP with no problems. But I failed installing PM 6.5 on my new PC running Windows 7. But now, don't laugh....! I simply copied the PM 6.5 folder from the XP computer, and put it into the Program Folder on the computer running Windows 7,....and it WORKS! No problems at all! Sometimes things are easy!

Brian wrote at 2013-06-02 20:39:22
I have PM 6.52 running on my new computer Windows 7 Home 64 Bit. I tried to load the software from the disk and it didn't work.

This is how I got it to work: When I built the new computer I copied the entire hard drive to the new computer File named it old computer (Windows XP)then when I went to open the PM file I opened it with the PM65.exe file from my old computer file. And everything seems to work so far, I have edited and printed with no problem.

Hope this helps

So technically speaking it does work on Windows 7 64 bit you just can't install it the normal way.

Pagemaker (Adobe)

Glen Demers

I am a Prepress Technician for Best Printing Online and can answer any question about preparing your PageMaker document for print.

20 years working in prepress Prepress technician for Best Printing Online Have used Pagemaker since version 3.0 and realize there are still some people using it.

Some college training in printing and have attended numerous seminars.