Pagemaker (Adobe)/backward compatibility pagemaker

I have a great number of pagemaker  files produced with my windows xp computer. I am thinking of upgrading  to a new windows 8 system. Can I buy the latest version of InDesign and would it be backward compatible to my old pagemaker files, or how do I convert them?6

Yes, pacemaker is backward compatible. Simply open a file in InDesign and it will convert. You may have to reset links, depending on how your file is set up. It may take some time for the conversion depending on file size. You'll have to save the file as an InDesign - can't go backwards!!  If you need more clarification, please let me know! And thanks for using AllExperts!

Pagemaker (Adobe)

James Stefanie

Willing and able to answer questions regarding most aspects of PageMaker and Adobe InDesign, including use, design, printing, pre-press decisionmaking and structuring, output for printing, PDFs, layers, and more. Prefer not to handle questions regarding program installation but will attempt program troubleshooting once the program has been installed.

Twenty+ years in advertising, marketing publication design. Experience with PageMaker from version 1 to current version of Adobe inDesign. Currently supporting a 'short list' of clients in developing or maintainng their pre-print design.

BA in Philosophy; Bph, Cetifications in databases.