Pagemaker (Adobe)/backward compatibility pagemaker

Question
I have a great number of pagemaker  files produced with my windows xp computer. I am thinking of upgrading  to a new windows 8 system. Can I buy the latest version of InDesign and would it be backward compatible to my old pagemaker files, or how do I convert them?6

Answer
Yes, pacemaker is backward compatible. Simply open a file in InDesign and it will convert. You may have to reset links, depending on how your file is set up. It may take some time for the conversion depending on file size. You'll have to save the file as an InDesign - can't go backwards!!  If you need more clarification, please let me know! And thanks for using AllExperts!

Pagemaker (Adobe)

James Stefanie