Pagemaker (Adobe)/adding or editing text in Pagemaker 7.0

QUESTION: I cannot add or edit text in Pagemaker 7.0 When I try to do so the whole area turns white and stays that way. The only way to clear it is to exit from the program and restart. This started about 4 weeks ago and it basicly keeps from creating or editing pages. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no help. I deleted all Pagemaker files on the computer before reinstalling Pgemaker. HELP

Unusual, to be sure. I've been working in PM since the DOS days and I haven't ever come across a problem remotely similar to this!

1. What operating system are you on? (XP, Windows, OSX????)
2. Have you added or removed any programs about 4 weeks ago (at about the time this problem came up)?
3. Can you open a previous PMD file and edit it? Or is any file - new or old - afflicted?
4. When you say " whole area turns white" what  "whole area" are you referring to? The document? The Pasteboard? The entire screen (menus, toolboxes disappear).

Try importing a text document using the PLACE command.

Create a new document - margins and stuff are immaterial
Go to the File Place command and place any old text file you have lying around.

What happens?

Let me know!

QUESTION: I am using Windows 7 and Pagemaker 7.0. I can create and edit on my laptop and I can move files to my desktop but I get the same results when I try to edit the text. All imported text works the same way. All the area where I have text turns white from side to side. I am using a blue background. I have used Pagemaker since the first one became available with no problems. There is no logical reason for this. Even a complete uninstall with removal of all Pagemaker files from the hard drive does not help. I guess I will just have to use my laptop. Thanks.

Works on laptop.....

I have PM 7 on Win7 and have not had that issue.
If you open a new document, can you place a graphic in it (desktop version)? Can you draw circles or rectangles?

Could you create a doc on the desktop and send a copy to me?

Pagemaker (Adobe)

James Stefanie

Willing and able to answer questions regarding most aspects of PageMaker and Adobe InDesign, including use, design, printing, pre-press decisionmaking and structuring, output for printing, PDFs, layers, and more. Prefer not to handle questions regarding program installation but will attempt program troubleshooting once the program has been installed.

Twenty+ years in advertising, marketing publication design. Experience with PageMaker from version 1 to current version of Adobe inDesign. Currently supporting a 'short list' of clients in developing or maintainng their pre-print design.

BA in Philosophy; Bph, Cetifications in databases.