Pain Management/OPMD

Question
I am getting blood and dna test today for OPMD PABP2. It has been passed through by my parents.  I have seen what it has done to other family members at earlier ages. I have eye drooping, muscle weekness and a very hard time swallowing.  I am 45.  pain medication does help, as the pain in the shoulder area seems worse.  I did try an old scrip of valium a few days ago, I let it melt in the back of my mouth and it seemed to help my swallowing issue quite a bit.  Does that make since??  And is it ok to take vicoden with this?  Does not seem to effect my head, thinking, sleepness, etc.

Answer
It is fairly safe to take one tablet only of Valium with Vicodin, but technically you should not do it without checking it out with your dr first. Sorry for "passing the buck", but nurses are not supposed to "prescribe". However, to answer your question, if you only take one of each it should be safe. And, no alcohol.

Pain Management

Patricia M