Pain Management/elbow pain

my right elbow hurts really bad the right top part of my elbow feels like someone is stabbing and ripping my elbow apart i had a motorcycle crash 8 months ago and this is the side that got messed up i took a pain pill and it did not take pain away what is wrong what should i do

Hi, Charles,

The universal response to injury is to tighten up.

Here's my article on the reaction:

Your description of the location of the pain is too vague for me to give an exercise recommendation.  You may wish to try, again.  

Pain Management

Lawrence Gold

back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- iliopsoas bursitis -|- iliopsoas muscle -|- iliopsoas syndrome -|- iliopsoas stretches -|- movement limitations -|- psoas stretch -|- psoas muscle pain -|- psoas stretches -|- psoas major / minor muscles -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center.

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences. More complete listing at

Certifications: Hanna Somatic Education, the Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration (partial list)