Pain Management/

thank you for being there and volunteering to share your knowledge and your time. it is most appreciated.

i am hoping you have a crystal ball, so you can tell me what i can do...i will try to be succinct, but i doubt i can...i have had headaches for a very long time...they occur in my right temple, last for sometimes two weeks, sudden [intense pain] onset and sudden abatement. i do remind myself how lucky i am that it will eventually abate and that i do not have chronic, unrelenting pain. now, however, in the last year or so, i have a pain in my neck [sometimes, i probably am!!!]. seriously, i have a pain that occurs in my neck, and it moves around the circumference of my neck, meaning it stays in one place for a while, then shifts or relocates to another part. and now, i have a new pain, in the cleavage area, a very painful, albeit dull ache internally. i have no idea whether any of this is related. but i am a person who has been blessed with good health and really never had pain before.[except the long standing, intermittent headaches] i do not even mind the pain if i knew it was not indicative of any serious malady.

thank you for taking the time to read this [i do apologize for my lack of berevity], and i would appreciate any insightful thoughts you would be willing to proffer.

Star Soma
Star Soma  
Hi, Sam,

Most headaches come from muscular contractions in the neck.

That fits your description.

Sometimes, headaches in the temple region come from tight jaw muscles.

Please see my write-up on headaches. |

The pain in the cleavage area is also likely of muscular origin.

Write, if you'd like advice on a course of action. |  

Pain Management

Lawrence Gold

back pain exercises -|- back muscle pain -|- back muscle spasms -|- degenerative disc disease -|- disc bulge -|- dizziness -|- groin pain -|- groin pull -|- lifting injuries -|- lower back pain -|- lower back exercises -|- sciatica -|- whiplash injuries -|- Hanna Somatics -|- headaches -|- iliopsoas bursitis -|- iliopsoas muscle -|- iliopsoas syndrome -|- iliopsoas stretches -|- movement limitations -|- psoas stretch -|- psoas muscle pain -|- psoas stretches -|- psoas major / minor muscles -|- somatics -|- somatic exercises -|- somatic education -|-

In practice since 1990. Two years on staff at a hospital Wellness and Rehabilitation Center.

Townsend Letter for Doctors and Patients, American Journal of Pain Management, Somatics: Magazine-Journal of the Mind-Body Arts and Sciences. More complete listing at

Certifications: Hanna Somatic Education, the Dr. Ida P. Rolf method of Structural Integration (partial list)