Pain Management/Etodolac (Lodine) and Kerorolac (Toradol)

Question
I understand that Lodine and Toradol should not be used in conjunction due to both being NSAIDs  possibly resulting in toxicity by pharmacodynamic synergism. I am assuming the warning against a possible "severe interaction" is due to the inhabition of cyclooxygenase? Anyways, what I am trying to figure out is the time frame after taking Lodine you can safely receive an injection of Toradol (assuming an otherwise healthy individual). Since the elimination half-life is 6 to 8 hours is it safe to assume 16 hours after taking Lodine there would be no applicable interaction?

Thank you, Jordan

Answer
Lodine is no longer used in the states so I am limited because the medical resources no longer provide interaction or use.  For most medications to interactions are only pertinent while the drug is active in the body. I would feel confident to use the Toradol after 12 hours.

Hope that helps
Joshua

Pain Management

Dr. Joshua P. Cappuccilli