Pain Management/Pain in Ankle

Question
I rolled my ankle playing basketball 2 months ago and it feel better it's just when I walk our do a leg exercise it hurts a little bit, what can I do to get back my ankle back to normal.

Answer
PS
I thought of this after I sent the answer. If you have even a hairline or small fracture you could do damage to your ankle bones by continuing to exert yourself by playing basketball or other sports. Also, when do you have the pain? Do you have it when you walk, or when you play basketball? You need to get a fracture ruled out before you do too much damage by exercising. I'm just advising you as a nurse. Take care.

John,
Being that the injury was 2 months ago and you are still having mild pain, my best suggestion would be to have a dr do a simple xray of your ankle. I hope you have health insurance. If  you do not, then I still think you need an xray, but if you can't afford it, then use OTC creams like Aspercreme (my favorite because it doesn't have a strong odor) or Blue Emu oil cream, (sounds odd, but it really works; I've used it). Also, you can wrap the ankle with some Ace wrap- not to tightly, but to give it support. Remember, after two months I truly think you need to rule out a small hairline fracture by an xray. I hope I've helped.

Pain Management

Patricia M