Pain Management/Muscle Dystrophy

Question
Respected Sirs
I am 66 years. I have some(little)knee pain(NOT MUCH),BUT HAVE GOT GOOD
PAIN IN TIBIA(Front bone in between knee and foot)and heavy calf muscle pain which aggravates
during walking.Leg veins are NOT PROMINENT,NO SWELLING ANYWHERE.
My body structure is lean,Weight-62 Kg,Height-5 Ft 8 inches

A)Although there is no pain sometime while bending the knees some crunching/creaking sound
comes.Whether the problem radiates to lower limbs from Knee
X Ray of knees (both legs(AP plus Lateral)shows EARLY OA CHANGES, BOTH KNEE JOINT SPACES
ARE SLIGHTLY DIMINISHED(not uncommon for a 66 year old man).Lateral Picture is ok
B)As the pain is in the lower portion(TIBIA and SHIN) to check whether there is less blood
flow in lower limbs(Peripheral Artery Disease. Doppler Ultrasonography of lower limbs was
done and the result shows
B)No evidence of Deep Vein Thrombosis,b)No soft tissue abnormality,BUT Diffuse
Artherosclerotic wall thickening of lower limb arteries,bur flow and velocity is NORMAL
C)TO CHECK WHETHER whether there is Muscle Dystrophy Creatine Phosphokinase Level in Blood was
measured and found to be high 253 instead of normal BELOW 171
D)As I am very fond of walking whether it be should be done,but for Knee Arthritis walking is
restricted.However as per advice I do Knee Exercise without STRAINING MUCH
E)I have no Sugar/Calcium /Potassium/Uric Acid/Creatinine /Urea level is normal
F)I only take BP medicines Attenol-25, Losartan-25 and Asprin-75 once daily each tablet and
Cholesterol lowering/controlling drugs(Statin )
G) THIS MUSCLE DESTROPHY IS NOT PROBABLY CURABLE,WHETHER MUSCLE RELAXTANTS WILL GIVE SOME
RELIEF.WHAT MEDICINES CAN BE TAKEN.I have taken Carnisure(CARNITINE SUPPLEMENT) without much
improvement.
With thanks

Answer
Dear Kalyan,

I do not recommend muscle relaxants.  Muscle relaxants are a second-rate way of controlling muscle tension.  The first-rate way is to develop such control through a specific kind of practice.

The link, below, is such a practice.  In it, you find instruction in three movement patterns relevant to your condition -- one, in the present video and the other two as links positioned in that video, one for hamstrings (related to knee condition -- see this entry |http://somatics.com/hamstrings-and-knees.htm| and the other for calves and feet.  Both cause relaxation and improvements of coordination.

LINK (introduction):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4AkUUPIi5M&list=UUyy0q-Y6ivw-aHKkqWpzJng

Within that video (at the end), a clickable link box will appear that takes you to the complete tutorial for that movement pattern.

Pain Management

Lawrence Gold