Pain Management/Pressure in the head

I feel pressure in my head. It started some years ago and my doctor prescribed me Celexa and evrything went fine, the pressure went away but now lately pressure in the head is back even though i am on the same medicine. It is not as painful as before but it is stil not good. Any idea how to trat this?

I have a few questions for you. Could it possibly be your blood pressure? Oftentimes, headache or a pressure type pain in the head is a symptom of elevated blood pressure. Sometimes Celexa can cause BP to be elevated since it is in the category of SSNRI (selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors). Yes, I know that's a mouth full! These drugs are excellent for helping many of the symptoms of mild to moderate depression, but some of them can cause hypertension more than others. It is definitely worth keeping a check on your BP.

Pain Management

Patricia M

I welcome questions from people who may want a "nurse's perspective" on the subject of chronic pain and pain management. I am a nurse, NOT a physician (MD).I can answer questions on medications, alternative approaches, and the various organs and body systems. There are many avenues to explore with chronic pain. I am against seeing patients suffer simply because healthcare professionals might suspect they are "drug seekers". There are methods of identifying true pain, and this makes patients feel as if they are taken seriously, which they should be.

Over 25 years working experience in Internal Medicine, Adult Cardiology, Post-Surgery care, Cancer, psychiatry and some experience as a lay-counselor in addictive medicine (dependence to alcohol and/or drugs, both legal and illegal drugs).

I am an Expert with AllExperts in several areas: Pharmacy, Internal Medicine, Medical Errors. Feel free to check my Q&A history as well as my ratings, which are very high.

Diploma from hospital-based nursing school. Additional courses in pharmacology. I keep current in continuing education. Am currently working as lay-counselor which can lead to my certification as Substance Abuse Counselor.

Dean's List while in college.

Internal medicine patients, cardiology patients recovering from heart disease and/or open-heart surgery, cancer, as well as recently working as a lay-counselor to individuals dealing with addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. NOTE: Just because I attempt to help patients with addictive diseases, I have over 25 years in Internal Medicine, have nursed patients with great deal of pain, and I am compassionate. I never label anyone as a "drug seeker". I have seen that done for years, and am against it. All patients should be evaluated for pain in a fair and comprehensive manner. Am an Expert with AllExperts in three other medical categories; feel free to check my ratings, which are high.